The Department of Thermodynamics and Environmental Engineering runs a laboratory of ventilation systems that is fitted with high quality experimental equipment and advanced instrumentation.The laboratory allows to solve a wide spectrum of problems associated with air flow with the use of advanced optical methods. It is intended and accordingly equipped for testing of devices that are associated with ventilation of rooms or vehicle cabins. The current research carried out at the laboratory focuses on car vents development and their measurement in operation; the fundamental research conducted concerns pipe flow and close-to-wall flow.
There are number of advanced diagnostic methods available to study fluid flow at the laboratory such as laser Doppler anemometry or Particle Image Velocimetry, but also traditional yet still developing methods such as hot-wire anemometry. For flow visualization, the method of smoke, fog or bubbles introduction is employed in combination with laser sheet and high-speed camera recording.
The computer controlled measurement is conducted under LabVIEW interface by National Instruments and covers common flow parameters such as flow rate, pressure drop and temperature but also parameters related to environmental engineering such as noise and vibrations, pressure in the fluid, temperature. For results visualization and processing the following codes are used: Origin, Tecplot, AutoCAD and Matlab.
- StreamLine Hot-wire anemometer by Dantec Dynamics
- Solid-state laser light sheet
- Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) by TSI Inc.
- Helium bubble generator SAI Model 5
- Olympus i-Speed 2 high speed camera
- System for noise and vibration diagnostics
- Škoda auto a.s. (Analysis of directionality and homogeneity of an air jet issuing from dashboard vents. Flow around defrost vent of a dashboard) (2007-2011)
- Evektor, spol. s r.o. (Flow visualization. Visualization of Coanda effect) (2007-2009)
- Honeywell, spol. s r.o.: Air-conditioning unit design for turbocharger testing (2011)
- TTS eko s.r.o. Třebíč (Assessment of possible noise reduction in an ORC co-generation unit control room. Characteristics of noise generated by an ORC co-generation unit) (2005)
- Busch Vakuum s.r.o. (Analysis of the pressure in the vacuum pump suction manifold during production cycle at Technistone production plant) (2007-2008)
- SOMA Lanškroun, Development of a drying system for flexographic printing lines MINI and QUICK (2004, 2005), New generation of flexographic printing machines (2006), Development of extraction system for longitudinal cutting machines BMS/Compact (2005)
- Ležovič T., Lízal F., Jedelský J., Jícha M., HVAC automotive vents evaluation and their performance, HVAC&R Research 19 (2013) 8, 1073-1082 (ISSN 1078-9669)
Ostatní výstupy Other outputs
prof. Ing. Jan Jedelský, Ph.D.
Energy Institute, FME BUT
tel.: +420 541 143 266